Council is developing a Walking, Cycling and Bridle Trails Strategy which will serve a number of purposes including:
- Promoting the health and fitness benefits of walking, cycling and horse riding.
- Identifying opportunities for trail improvements, expansions and linkages.
- Prioritising projects in a manner that balances the needs of our communities against each other.
- Specifying Council’s role in implementing the strategy, and also providing positive guidance to the community (with Council input or facilitation) on how best to drive local projects.
- Providing guidance to assist Council in undertaking its role of buying, selling and managing land.
Essentially the strategy will provide a platform for decision making on future trail development.
A draft Strategy has been prepared (see below) and we would like your feedback to help shape the final strategy.
If you have any questions, please contact Robert Marshall on 0800 492 452 or email Robert.Marshall@waidc.govt.nz.
Tell us what you think:
Submissions must be received by 5pm, 30 May 2016.