Waikato District Council is inviting submissions from the community on the 2018 proposed amendments to its Speed Limit Bylaw 2011.
Reasons for the proposal
- Effectively deal with road safety issues associated with the management of speed limits in the Waikato District
- To align the bylaw with those of other local authorities and NZTA’s Speed Management Guide
- Respond to New Zealand Government’s “Vision Zero” - to reduce road trauma on local roads
- Respond to growth in our district - changing urban extents and changes to where people live, work and go to school
Submissions close on 9 November 2018. Verbal submissions will be heard and all submissions formally considered at a hearing on 12 December 2018.
There are copies of the statement of proposal and supporting consultation documents at WDC Council offices and libraries.
To make a submission:
• email email@example.com
• post it to Waikato District Council, 15 Galileo Street, Ngaruawahia, 3720
• deliver it to any Waikato District Council office or Waikato District Council library.